International Science Conference (ISC) 2012
under the patronage of the President and Supreme Commander
of the Armed Forces of the Republic of Bulgaria Rosen Plevneliev
Subject: “Aviation in current geopolitics and strategy of EU, NATO, coalitions, and states”,
in commemoration of 100 years Bulgarian aviation
April 11-12, 2012 – Central Military Club-Sofia
DAY ONE, 11 Apr 2012
I. 08:30-09:00 Registration for the conference.
II. 09:00-09:25 Official opening of International Science Conference 2012, introductiobn of the official guests, and welcome speeches:
- Opening remarks by the Honorory Chairman of Managing Board, Foundation “Bulgarian Air Force” Gen. (Ret.) Miho Mihov;
- Welcome speech by the President of the Republic of Bulgaria, and Supreme Commander of the Bulgarian Armed Forces Rosen Plevneliev;
- Welcome speech by the Minister of Transportation, Information Technologies, and Communications Ivaylo Moskovski;
- Welcome speech by national institutions, GENERAL PARTNERS, and other distinguished guests.
III. 09:25-13:00 Plenary Session – “Concert” hall. (reports and presentations of companies and organizations)
1. Opening speech given by minister of defense of the Republic of Bulgaria Anyu Angelov (up to 20 min)
2. Global geopolitical and economic risks (2012-2020) in the context of our strategic defense, national security implications and the development of the aerospace industry. (Prof. Dr. Dimitar Ivanov, Managing Director (International) and Senior Advisor to the BoD of Gerken Capital Associates, USA, report up to 25 min)
3. Economic factor and Bulgarian aviation. (Prof. Dr. Tilcho Ivanov, University of National and World Economy, report up to 15 min)
4. Aviation in geopolitical and strategical security environment. (Maj. Gen. (Ret.) Assoc. Prof. Evgeny Manev, Chairman of Managing Board, Foundation “Bulgarian Air Force”, report up to 15 min)
5. Bulgarian Air Force in geopolitical and strategical security environment. (Maj. Gen. Constantin Popov Dr., Chief of Air Force, report up to 15 min)
6. Development of new regulation documents – a guarantee for modern and efficient Air Force. (Brig. Gen. Rumen Radev Dr., Deputy Chief of Air Force, report up to 15 min)
11:10-11:25 Coffee break.
7. Role, place and value of aviation component integrated into EU security and defense policy. (Maj. Gen. (Ret.) Sabi Sabev, report up to 15 min)
8. EUROCONTROL – from change management to network management. (Mrs. Stefania Nikolova-Tsankova, senior expert in Single Sky Directorate, EUROCONTROL, report up to 15 min)
9. „Single European Sky“ initiative – second legislative act – effectiveness management design. (Mr. Dragan Draganov, expert in ATM Department, Bulgarian Air Traffic Services Authority, GENERAL PARTNER presentation, up to 20 min)
10. The Flexible Use of Airspace Concept and its new Challenges for Civil-Military ATM Coordination to enhance Network Performance. (Mr. Michael Steinfurth, Head of CMAC Division, EUROCONTROL, report up to 15 min)
11. Project „Danube FAB“ and Bulgarian participation in EU initiative „Single European Sky“. (Mr. Veselin Stoyanov, expert in ATM Department, Bulgarian Air Traffic Services Authority, project manager of Bulgarian counterpart, GENERAL PARTNER presentation, up to 20 min)
13:00-14:00 Lunch. (Central Military Club)
IV. 14:00-16:30 Plenary Session – “Concert” hall. (reports and presentations of companies and organizations)
12. Current Bulgarian military aviation and its allied engagements in performing “Air Policing” missions. (Brig. Gen. Tsanko Stoykov, Commander Graf Ignatievo Air Force base, report up to 15 min)
13. New combat aircraft for Bulgarian Air Force, or modernization – possible choise. (Assoc. Dr. Svetlozar Asenov, Technical University – Sofia, Branch Plovdiv, report up to 15 min)
14. Research, development, and trends for advanse of military aviation in the world. (Eng. Nikolay Zagorski, Technical University – Sofia, Branch Plovdiv, report up to 15 min)
15. Micro UAVs and security of the society. (Mr. Angel Angelov, student Technical University – Sofia, Branch Plovdiv, report up to 15 min)
16. Regulative framework for design of UAVs for civil applications. (Ms. Yoana Raeva, student Technical University – Sofia, Branch Plovdiv, report up to 15 min)
15:15-15:30 Coffee break.
17. Bulgarian aviation school in preparing pilot and engeneer cadre – current status, problems, and perspectives. (Col. Assoc. Prof. Dr. Danyo Lalov, NDU „V. Levski“, Faculty „Aviation“, report up to 15 min)
18. Current status of technical maintenance and repair of aircraft in Bulgaria, and trends for development of TEREM „G. Benkovski“ LTD. – Plovdiv. (Eng. Kiril Chailev, TEREM „G. Benkovski“ LTD. – Plovdiv, report up to 15 min)
19. Meanings of lessons learned out of 100-year aviation practise to form priorities in the perspective system of Bulgarian military aviation. (Col. Prof. Dimitar Nedyalkov, National Defense Academy “G. Rakovski”, report up to 15 min)
20. Extention of airfield network and establishment of airfield infrastructure of Bulgarian Air Force during the period of 1937-1942. (Lt. Col. Dr. Manuch Hristov, AFTB, report up to 15 min)
V. 16:30-17:30 Discussion Session – “Concert” hall.
18:00-19:00 Presentation of author’s book of Col. Prof. Dimitar Nedyalkov „History of Bulgarian military aviation“.
19:00-20:30 Cocktail for all of the conference participants. (Central Military Club)
DAY TWO, 12 Apr 2012
International Day of Human Space Flight
09:00-09:15 Postal stamp validation ceremony in commemoration of 100 years Bulgarian aviation – „Concert“ hall. (hosted by Air Force Headquarters)
VI. 09:15-12:45 Plenary Session – „Concert“ hall. (reports and presentations of companies and organizations)
21. Science approaches and real capabilities of space contributing states towards global use of air and space for peaceful and wartime objectives. (Prof. Dr. Petar Getsov, Director of Space Research Institute and Technologies – BAS, report up to 15 min)
22. EU policy – GMES program for security enhancement through environmental monitoring and Bulgarian participation. (Eng. Radko Radkov, GMES-Bulgaria, report up to 15 min)
23. EGNOS – space satelite system for European airspace. (Assoc. Dr. Boris Vasilev, Technical University – Sofia, report up to 15 min)
24. Contribution of Defense Institute to Bulgarian Air Force. (Col. Assoc. Prof. Stoyan Balabanov, Defense Institute, report up to 15 min)
25. Analysis of aviation market field in Bulgaria 2004-2011 and prognosis for further development till 2014 (group of authors: Mr. Svetoslav Stanulov, Mrs. Valentina Luleva, and Mr. Yovko Yotsev, Bulgarian Aviation Companies Association, report up to 15 min)
26. Conversion of Bulgarian airfields from military into civilian ones. (Mr. Jordan Karamalakov, IATA-Bulgaria, report up to 15 min)
10:45-11:00 Coffee break.
27. Bulgarian integrated aviation rescue system – problems and issues. (Col. (Ret.) Prof. Pavel Penev, Foundation “Bulgarian Air Force”, report up to 15 min)
28. Current trends in development of aviation education and training of cadre for civil aviation. (Assoc. Prof. Dr. Dian Geshev, Technical University – Sofia, report up to 15 min)
29. Current trends in development of aviation education and training of cadre for aviation and Air Force. (Col. Assoc. Prof. Rumen Yachev, National Defense Academy “G. Rakovski”, report up to 15 min)
30. Aviation medical transportation in the aspect of national security. (Col. Assoc. Prof. Liubomir Aleksiev, Military Medical Academy, report up to 15 min)
31. Bulgaria and unmanned aviation – presense, and development opportunities. (Col. Assoc. Prof. Atanas Natchev, Defense Institute, report up to 15 min)
32. Strategical reconnaissanse analysis, and processing of information gained from aerial reconnaissanse and from other sources. (Assoc. Prof. Dobrin Anastasov, Ministry of Defense, report up to 15 min)
33. Unmanned aerial vehicles in support of HUMINT operations. (Lt. Col. Eng. Mariyan Ninov, Ministry of Defense, report up to 15 min)
VII. 12:45-13:30 General discussion – “Concert” hall.
VIII. 13:30-13:40 Closing remarks and closing of the International Science Conference 2012 by Gen (Ret.) Miho Mihov, Honorable Chairman of Managing Board, Foundation “Bulgarian Air Force”.
To download the Program of the ISC2012 in PDF format, please click here.
1. During registration all lecturers and presentations authors must present their materials in soft and hard copy to Lt Col (Ret.) Radostin Dimitrov, the organizational secretary for the conference, for the purpose of publishing into a book of the International Science Conference 2012. Reports must be up to 15 standart pages.
2. All reports, presentations, and anotations must be send to the organizational secretary via email: firstname.lastname@example.org.
3. To download the technical writing requirements for the purpose of composing conference reports, click here.
4. The organizers keep the right to make any changes regarding the program of the conference.
5. For further information, please visit regularly the following website: www.100.airshow-bg.com.